News & EventsNADO News « Back to Search Results
A publication of the National Association of Development Agencies.
This week's highlights:
• Monthly NADO Legislative Update is August 29
• NADO and the National Association of Counties (NACo) to Host Webinar on Abandoned Mine Land (AML) Pilot Program
• Congratulations to the 2017 NADO Photo Contest Winners and RunnersUp!
• There’s Something for Everyone at NADO’s Annual Training Conference in Anchorage
• CEDS Training Presentations Now Available for Download
Monthly NADO Legislative Update Call is August 29
The next NADO Legislative Update will be held August 29 at 2:00 p.m. ET. NADO’s legislative team will discuss the status of fiscal year (FY) 2018 appropriations and the congressional agenda for September. Registration is available here. A recording of last month’s webinar is available here.
NADO News and Notes
NADO and the National Association of Counties (NACo) to Host Webinar on Abandoned Mine Land (AML) Pilot Program.
There are currently billions of dollars’ worth of abandoned coal mines strewn across the county. What if we could turn these environmental health liabilities into economic assets? The new Abandoned Mine Land (AML) Pilot Program will invest $105 million in clean-up projects in six states (Alabama, Kentucky, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Virginia, and West Virginia) linked to economic or community development. NADO and NACo will host a webinar on August 30 at 2:00 p.m. to provide information on how you can work with your state mind reclamation agency to leverage these funds to clean up abandoned coal sites and help realize economic development idea in your region. Click here to register.