PartnersCut Bank Area Chamber of Commerce « Back to Search Results
In the early 1800’s Captain Meriwether Lewis led a small group of men up the north fork of the Marias River, now known as Cut Bank Creek. Since that time visitors have continued to enjoy traveling to the Cut Bank area. With the majestic Rocky Mountains on one side and gently rolling hills and wheat fields on the other, it’s no wonder visitors keep returning.
The city of Cut Bank was appropriately named for the creek running on the outskirts of town. The Blackfeet Indians described the stream as “…the river that cuts into the white clay bank.”